The Yoga Bolster - support, relief and relaxation
Our classic, round or rectangular bolsters provide even more relaxation for your back during yoga and convince with stability and comfort. With their soft filling of cotton or spelt husks, for example, they are ideal for supporting your yoga practice. There are almost no limits to their use. Whether for relaxation or stabilisation during difficult asanas, the bolster will surely become your new best friend.
Comfortable, practical and also a beautiful home accessory
In most cases, bolsters are made of cotton and can be chosen in different colours. However, the inside is particularly important, which often consists of cotton, buckwheat or spelt husks, for example. The right balance is important when it comes to the composition: The ticking should be soft, but still support your exercises. When lying down, it should serve as a stable base and at the same time as a soft cushion. The ideal size of a bolster is about 65 cm in length and 15 cm in height. Zips and buttons should be covered for comfortable use.
Comfortable, practical and also a beautiful home accessory.
In most cases, bolsters are made of cotton and can be chosen in different colours. However, the inner life is particularly important, which often consists of cotton, buckwheat or spelt husks, for example. The right balance is important when it comes to the composition: The ticking should be soft, but still support your exercises. When lying down, it should serve as a stable base and at the same time as a soft cushion. The ideal size of a bolster is about 65 cm in length and 15 cm in height. Zips and buttons should be covered for comfortable use.
Why do you need a yoga bolster?
A yoga bolster is a great tool for your yoga practice with numerous benefits. It is a round or square, elongated cushion specifically designed to support and align the body during yoga exercises.
The bolster makes it possible to hold certain yoga exercises longer and more comfortably by comfortably supporting and relieving the body. This is especially helpful for people with limited flexibility or physical limitations. By using it, the asana can be performed more mindfully and safely without causing strain or pain.
In addition, a yoga bolster can also help to improve posture. By bringing the body into correct alignment, it helps to lengthen the spine and relax the muscles. This can specifically prevent back pain.
Another advantage of a yoga bolster is its versatility. It can be used as a support for the back, neck, knees or abdomen. It can also serve as a seat cushion or as a base for relaxation exercises such as Savasana.
In summary, a Yoga Bolster is an extremely useful tool for yoga practitioners. It provides support, relief and alignment of the body during the exercises and allows one to reap the full benefits of yoga. Whether one is a beginner or an advanced practitioner, a yoga bolster can enrich the yoga practice and make it a pleasant and relaxing experience.
For which asana is a bolster useful?
A bolster is a versatile yoga aid that can be useful in various yoga exercises. The bolster is used to support the body and improve alignment in the various asanas. The bolster is particularly suitable for exercises that are held for a long time. The bolster can be used for a strengthening effect in certain passive yoga postures, but can also be used in some active exercises. The bolster is often used in Yin Yoga or Restorative Yoga styles.
One yoga exercise in which a bolster is particularly useful is the Supported Child's Pose. For this exercise, one assumes a relaxing position with the body bent forward. By placing the bolster under your torso and leaning on it, you can comfortably deepen the stretch in your lower back and hips. The bolster helps you stabilise the upper body and thus allows the body to relax completely.
Another example of a yoga exercise where a bolster is useful is the Supported Bridge Pose. In this exercise you lie on your back and lift your pelvis to form a bridge. By placing the bolster under your lower back, you can optimally support the spine and further intensify the stretch in the hips and thighs. The bolster allows your body to stay in position without unnecessary effort or strain.
It also helps you maintain an upright posture. By sitting on the outermost edge of your bolster, your hips are positioned higher than your knees and you tilt slightly forward. This straightens your spine. The soft filling of your bolster adapts perfectly to your body.
In summary, a bolster is extremely useful for yoga exercises. In our latest advice article, we present 5 exercises with the yoga bolster with which you can relieve your back and effectively combat back pain.
The right yoga bolster for your practice. What should I consider when buying a yoga bolster?
There are a few important factors to consider when buying a yoga bolster:
- Size is an important criterion in your decision. Bolsters come in different sizes, so it is important to choose the right size for your body and your yoga practice. A bolster that is too small may be uncomfortable and not supportive enough, while a bolster that is too large may not be right either. Can the bolster support and relieve pressure too comfortably on your entire back or areas of your body such as your neck? Make sure the bolster is long enough for the areas of your body you want it to support.
- You should also pay attention to the material. Bolster covers are made of different materials, including cotton, polyester and linen. Choose a material that has a soft feel, is comfortable, sturdy and durable. Cotton is a popular choice as it is soft and breathable. Linen gives the bolster a high-quality look and can therefore be optimally integrated into the home furnishings. Linen is also a pleasantly cool and durable material. Microfibre covers are sweat-wicking, quick-drying and structured for better slip resistance. We offer bolsters made from natural and sustainable materials, such as organic cotton or recycled polyester fibres, but also from certified merino wool.
- The comfort and firmness of the bolster is largely determined by the filling used. Bolsters come in different degrees of hardness, from soft to firm. The firmness level affects the comfort and support of the bolster. If you want a deeper stretch, choose a firmer bolster. If you prefer more comfort, choose a softer bolster. Foam bolsters often provide firm support and maintain their shape well. Organic spelt husk is the most natural and regional filling material, which adapts well to the body shape and offers optimal stability. Bolsters with a cotton-wadding filling are comparatively firm and light.
- We recommend bolsters with removable covers. This is an important criterion especially if the bolster is used intensively or is used in the yoga studio. A bolster with a removable cover is practical and more durable because it is easy to clean. Check if the cover is machine washable or if it needs to be cleaned by hand. The zipper should be covered so that it does not interfere with your practice.
- Last but not least, the price is important for your purchase decision. Compare the prices of different bolsters to find the best deal. However, make sure that you consider not only the price, but also the quality, durability and sustainability of the bolster. As a rule, the price ranges from 40 to 90 euros, depending on the size and material.